Sunday, May 14, 2006

My First Post

It's Mother's Day and this is my first post.

I'm on my way out with my family to check out puppies in Apex. They're getting a dog. I say "they" because I don't really want a dog and most importantly, I'm allergic to dogs (family remains convinced that a short-haired, well-groomed dog will not be a problem). However, this isn't a huge deal because I'm moving out at the end of the year. Yay! It will be my first time on my own. I didn't go away to college or anything. I'm really looking forward to it. My mom is, of course, less than enthused. She (like so many Muslim parents) believes that a single girl belongs at home with her parents until she's married. Not....gonna....happen. I love my family and we're close but it's time to move out.

P.S. I'm going to post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to shrink the file size (if such a thing is possible)

No comments: