Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The countdown is on

Well folks, it's almost Ramadan and I am actually starting to get excited. I've signed up to volunteer at the mosque during iftaar and I'm volunteering with a Muslim women's clinic. Now I'm starting to feel like a productive member of society again. I can't go to tarweeh during the week but I'm going every weekend........no excuses. Also, like every Ramadan, I'm trying to swear off bad behaviors and such. I'm giving up romance novels (I really don't have much time to read for pleasure during Ramadan anyway) and gossip. More importantly, I'm going to work on not letting people push my buttons as much. I may not say much to the person but I'm cursing you out in my mind and that just won't work during Ramadan. My goal is to ignore, ignore, ignore. Hopefully, this will carry over into post-Ramadan life. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Miss Two said...

Salaams,

Just wanted to say Ramadan Mubarak and thank you for visiting my site!


I'm still in the air about ADAMS. I bet it's very nice, but the only way I have to get there is to do Flexcar or some other car rental, and then either pay a toll or spend an hour going out 66 to get there (I live in Del Ray). So. May visit once or twice.

Again, ramadan mubarak, insha'Allah I'll be back soon!