Monday, October 23, 2006

Eid Mubarak!

I hope everyone that celebrates it is having a fabulous Eid! I'm trying to get through my first Eid away from all of my peeps in VA :(. Not really. It's a different experience but it's not bad. I will say this though, Eid and Ramadan are not as nice down here as they are in VA. I think it's because the masjids are smaller so they aren't doing things on as grand a scale. But at least they're doing something and I give tons of points for trying.
Now I'm off to bake cupcakes with Big M......she's trying to hold me hostage in the kitchen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eid Mubarak hon! Hope it was a good day for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Eid Mubarak to you and your family!

bushraaa said...

Belated Eid Mubarak, I spent it in VA with my sister and her family. I'm sure you and I know some of the same people?

singlemuslimah said...

I'm sure. What part of VA?

bushraaa said...

I lived in DC/ Arlington for 6 yrs, got my BA at American Univ and then worked for about a year and a half. My sis is in Falls Church, near Tysons mall.

singlemuslimah said...

OMG! I grew up in Fairfax and one of my cousins goes to American. I went to GMU. I practically lived at Tysons when I was in high school. I miss it so much!