Monday, January 29, 2007

TMI

Why do these things happen to me? Now, today I was in Target with my 10 y/o niece and we popped in the ladies room near the Pharmacy. You know, the one that only one person can use at a time. Well, when we got there, there was a wait. That's when the fun began. There was a woman in there creating all sorts of commotion. I'm talking shrieking, grunting, muttering to herself, and kicking the wall. Big M and I are trying not to laugh and she's doing all this mouthing and pantomiming. Next thing we know, this girl bursts out of the bathroom holding a pregnancy test and says, "I'm pregnant and I already have one." Um, TMI much? What is wrong with you? Why would you say that and in front of a child? Naturally, I don't know what to say so I just go, "um, congratulations." I mean, it seemed wrong to say "I'm sorry" or "that's unfortunate." That wouldn't be right no matter how she feels. But why are you telling me this? The worse part was that she worked there. She was in her uniform, taking a pregnancy test and telling people about it. Great. Oh, and even better? She was our cashier.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just feel sorry for the children...

singlemuslimah said...

Thanks Suroor!

Ruby, I know. Those poor babies.

Atifa said...

That was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

What you should have done is started to shout back at her...

"Repent WOMAN! The end times are near!!!! When the barren lady is happy on account of being barren and the pregnant lady is dismayed at being a mother.... REPENT NOW SINNERS!!!!!"

lol

Umm Maariyah said...

ASSALAM ALEIKOUM